Plesk Hosting Server Migration Update 1
If you haven’t read the initial announcement, please read it here, first.
In preparation for the Upcoming Plesk Hosting Server Migration & Upgrade (March 2019), we would like to let you know about several important things related to the server migration…
Certain Items that Cannot be Transferred to the New Server due to Limitations in the Plesk Migration Tools…
- Webmail settings and address books are NOT transferred.
- You must export (back up) your Webmail address books before the Plesk Hosting Server Migration (2019) takes place. Instructions to export (back up) Webmail address books is discussed in the article titled, Export Address Book from Horde Webmail. Once the migration is complete, you may import your backed up address book into Webmail, on the new server.
- If you have customized any other Webmail settings, you should make notes of what you customized, in case you want to customize Webmail on the new server in the same way.
- Web statistics and log files are NOT transferred.
- If you want to retain statistics or log files, you should print out any statistics reports, and download any log files to your local computer, before the Plesk Hosting Server Migration (2019) takes place.
CMS, WordPress, and PHP applications or scripts…
Do you use PHP or a Content Management System (CMS) such as WordPress? If so, you will need to take some actions to reduce the chance of problems with your website, after the server migration takes place.
- If you use a CMS, such as WordPress, install the most recent version.
- If you use a CMS, such as WordPress, update all plugins and themes, and delete any that are unused.