Hurricane Michael Info
Storms that cause power outages or flooding have the potential to cause Verizon phone and DSL Internet outages. If your DSL Internet service is affected by the storm, please wait until power has been restored, THEN, if your DSL service is not working, perform these steps:
- Power off, and back on, all of your equipment, including your DSL modem, router, and computers or other devices. Wait five (5) minutes to see if your DSL service is working. If it’s still not working, continue to the next step.
- Make a note of the status of the lights on your DSL modem and router. Specifically, take note of which lights are on, off, or flashing.
- If you have a home phone line from Verizon, check your home landline telephone service. Do you get a dial-tone, and are you able to make and receive calls? Make a note of this. If you have no dial-tone on your landline telephone, report the no-dial-tone issue to the telephone company. If you use Verizon, their support number is 1-800-837-4966. Once the no-dial-tone issue is resolved, your DSL should start working, again. If not, continue to the next step.
- Contact us to report that your DSL Internet service is not working. E-mail us, from an alternate Internet connection, such as from a smartphone with cellular data, or call our office (757-253-7621), and leave a message. Provide ALL of the information, you made a note of, from the previous steps, above. Also include as much of the following information as possible:
- Your name
- Your account number, if known
- Your home/office telephone number
- Your DSL telephone number, if different
- Your cellphone number, state if it is a smartphone, and provide the name of the cellular carrier
- Your e-mail address
- If you live in a subdivision, or named neighborhood, which one?