On Sunday, November 26, 2017, one of our server providers will conduct maintenance on the underlying equipment providing several of our servers. Between 9:00am and 1:00pm, those servers may be shutdown and some services may be unavailable as the maintenance is performed. The maintenance will only affect the following services:
- E-mail accounts with addresses that end in widomaker.com or tni.net
- Widomaker’s home page (www.widomaker.com) and members’ page (home.widomaker.com)
Web and e-mail hosting accounts with their own domain name will not be affected. DSL Internet service will not be affected.
Please find our upcoming holidays hours, for the end of 2017, below…
On Oct 16 2017 US-CERT released Vulnerability Note VU#228519 after researchers disclosed “serious weaknesses in WPA2, a protocol that secures all modern protected Wi-Fi networks.” They have named the proof-of-concept exploits, KRACK (key reinstallation attacks)…
The weaknesses are in the Wi-Fi standard itself, and not in individual products or implementations. […] To prevent the attack, users must update affected products as soon as security updates become available.
Some customers may be experiencing incoming e-mail delays on 10/17/2017. Widomaker purchases spam filtering services, for widomaker.com (and tni.net) e-mail addresses, from a 3rd party spam filtering provider. All e-mail destined for a widomaker.com (or tni.net) address must pass through the spam filtering servers before it reaches Widomaker’s servers.
On 10/17/2017, this spam filtering provider informed us of an issue, with their spam filtering servers, that is causing incoming mail to be delayed, if it was sent to users with a widomaker.com (or tni.net) e-mail address. They are working to resolve the issue.
Update 3:40PM: It appears that the spam filtering provider took some steps, in an effort to resolve the issue, that, while well-intentioned, caused some pending messages to be rejected, and returned to the sender. In that case, the sender will need to resend any messages that were returned to them. The majority of the delayed messages, however, should be delivered within several hours. The underlying issues appear to have been resolved. Normal e-mail delivery, to and from the spam filtering servers, appears to have resumed.
On, October 2, 2017, vulnerabilities (US-CERT VU#973527) were made public, by Google’s security team, in Dnsmasq, a widely used software package included in many Internet-connected devices, such as routers, IoT devices, and Android devices. Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities may allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.
Beginning on, Monday, October 9th, 2017, Widomaker’s telephone sales and support hours will change as follows:
- 10:00am – 6:00pm, Monday – Friday*
- Closed Saturday (On Saturdays, certain messages, left before noon, if they contain sufficient details, may be processed before the next business day, based on availability.)
- Closed Sunday
* During support hours, if a representative is not immediately available, you may be prompted to leave a message, so a representative, once available, may return your call. If you are prompted to leave a message, please do so.
* If you leave a message, be sure to leave details. Leaving a message that asks our support representative to “just call you back” makes it difficult for us to prioritize the call. If you leave enough detail in your message, we can often quickly send you an email to answer your question, which gets you a response much more quickly than waiting for a call back.
Due to a telephone company outage, our office phone lines are currently down. As a result, you may not be able to reach our office by telephone. Until this is resolved, please e-mail support any inquiries.
Update 11:30am: The telephone company has estimated repairs will not be completed until after 1:00pm.
Update 12:00pm: Phone service has been restored.
Widomaker’s services are all up and running, at the present time. However, some folks who use Cox Communications for their Internet connection, in Hampton Roads, may be experiencing an Internet outage affecting their ability to open websites or check e-mail.
Our offices and phone support will be closed on, Tuesday, July 4th, 2017. We will resume our normal hours on July 5th. All systems will remain monitored during the holiday.
Have a safe and fun weekend 🙂
Widomaker’s phone support and office will be closed for Memorial Day, Monday May 29, 2017.
Normal hours will resume on Tuesday, May 30th.